The Rehab Guide Volume 1: Foundations
HUD published The Rehab Guide, a series of nine guidebooks to inform the design and construction industry about state-of-the-art materials and innovative practices in housing rehabilitation. The Rehab Guide series focuses on building technologies, materials, components, and techniques.
The Rehab Guide Volume One: Foundations, covers topics from the design and engineering of rehab foundation systems to shoring and repair, waterproofing, crack repair, drainage, and insulation. The Rehab Guide: Foundations uses drawings and photographs to supplement written descriptions of several components of foundation rehabilitation:
- Foundation design and engineering.
- Permanent wood and prefabricated foundations.
- Dampproofing and waterproofing.
- Insulation and ventilation.
- Shoring, underpinning, and repair.
- Crack repair, coating, and finishes.