June is National Homeownership Month, a time to reflect on the impact owning a home has on household wealth, neighborhood stability and our nation’s broader economic health. Join HUD Secretary Ben Carson and a diverse group of experts to discuss the history and the outlook of this central foundation of ‘The American Dream.” Our panel of researchers and housing professionals will discuss the recent housing crisis and its impact on consumer behavior with a focus on the challenges millennial purchasers face as they enter the market in greater numbers.
Join HUD’s Office of Policy Development and Research on June 1, 2017 for a lively conversation on current forces at work in the nation’s housing markets.
- Matt Ammon, General Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy Development and Research
Remarks by Secretary Ben Carson, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Update on U.S. Housing Market Conditions
- Kevin Kane, Chief Housing Market Analyst, Economic Market Analysis Division
Panel Discussion moderated by Diana Olick, CNBC Real Estate Reporter
- Joel Kan, Associate Vice President of Industry Surveys and Forecasts, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Christie Peale, Executive Director, Center for NYC Neighborhoods
- Jon Spader, Senior Research Associate, Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies
- Lawrence Yun, Chief Economist and Senior Vice President of Research, National Association of Realtors
We also invite you to participate in the event via social media by following @HUDUSERnews and @HUDgov. We'll be tagging our updates with #FindYourPlace. Please email questions to email@example.com.