Discrimination in Metropolitan Housing Markets: Phase 2 - Asians and Pacific Islanders
For convenience, the report is available for download in PDF format. Your options for downloading are as follows:
- Executive Summary Only (.pdf 212KB)
- The Full Phase 2 Report with Annexes (.pdf 2.83MB)
The Executive Summary provides a general overview of the
major findings and the methods used to develop the estimates.
This is the full report, including the Executive Summary.
- Chapter 1 provides a description of the paired testing
methodology generally along with an overview of the scope
of the study.
- Chapter 2 presents the methodology implemented in Phase
II of HDS2000, including the sample of metropolitan areas
in which tests were conducted, the procedures used to
draw a sample of available housing units in each of these
metropolitan areas, the paired testing protocols implemented
for both rental and sales housing, and the statistical
procedures used to estimate the incidence of adverse treatment.
- Chapter 3 presents current national estimates of adverse
treatment against Asian and Pacific Homebuyers as well
as state-level estimates for California.
- Chapter 4 discusses potential variations in adverse
treatment against Asians and Pacific Islanders by skin
color, national origin, and advertising source.
- Annexes. A series of annexes accompany the report, including national estimates without Honolulu and comparison of Asian and Pacific Islander results with black and Hispanic results for a common sample of sites.