2017 National Preservation Award
To submit a nomination, please input the requested information into the form located on this page. All required fields (denoted by an asterisk) must be filled. Once information has been entered into all of the necessary fields, please select the button to attach and send. This will create a draft email, addressed to email@example.com, to which all required submission materials should be attached.
All nominations should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be completed electronically as a Word document. Submission instructions are provided below.
All nominations are due by 11:59 pm PDT on March 27, 2017
Projects completed within 3 years of the nomination are eligible. Long-term projects or programs are eligible if substantial achievements have been made within the last 3 years.
Each nomination must include the following:
- A narrative (8,000 characters or less, including spaces) that provides an overview of the project that is being nominated, the historical significance of the site, any challenges overcome in carrying out the project, and any unique strategies or activities undertaken, and addresses the Award Criteria and Project Descriptions questions.
- A brief statement (2,000 characters or less, including spaces) that addresses the project budget, including the total cost of the project, and the amount and type of HUD assistance.
- Up to five (5) supporting brochures or news clippings.
- Up to three (3) letters of recommendation.
- A list of past awards this project received.
- A copy of the Section 106 concurrence letter from the State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO).
- 5-10 high quality jpeg digital images totaling no more than 25 MB. Each image must be numbered and named with the project name and very brief description (e.g. #1 Stanley Hall, rear facade). Attach the images to the same email as your nomination document noted above. Horizontal photos are preferred. Photos should show some of the exemplary preservation work the nominee has accomplished.