Housing and Urban Development Authorities
- February 2001 (78 Pages)
- March 27, 2012
The CDBG program provides annual grants on a formula basis to be used for a wide range of community development activities directed toward neighborhood revitalization, economic development, and improved community facilities and services. Specific activities include:
- Acquisition of real property;
- Acquisition and construction of public works' and facilities;
- Code enforcement;
- Relocation assistance;
- Reconstruction and rehabilitation of residential and non-residential properties;
- Provision of public services, such as those concerned with employment, moving from welfare to work, drug abuse, child care, crime prevention, and education;
- Provision of assistance to private, for-profit entities for special economic development activities;
- Assistance to community-based development organizations to carry out neighborhood revitalization, community economic development, and energy conservation projects;
- Direct homeownership assistance; and
- Planning and administrative costs.
This report is part of the collection of scanned historical documents available to the public.